[iBook] (OT) Converting AVI files for iDVD

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Wed Dec 8 12:17:53 PST 2004

QuickTime Pro *might* be the answer. I have a similar issue - in that I'm
burning video of our little one to DVD, but would like to create more
focused movies to send to family (meaning I have to get the video *off* the
DVD, and back into iMovie, and then to iDVD.)

If QTPro won't do it, you'll need an intermediate app to convert from
divx/xvid to .mov. (Sorry - no recommendations :-( )

(In any case, if the video is over 9:54 (or there abouts) then you'll need
to chop it up, and QTPro is what was recommended by iMovie to do so.

Hope this gets you steered in a better direction, out of the Sargasso Sea
that can be the web.

On 12/7/04 10:30 PM, "Alexandre Leroux" <alexandreleroux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> This is entirely off-topic, but since I'm desperate and did a spend
> *hours* looking for an answer... Any of you know about how to convert
> avi files (might that be divx or xvid codecs) into a format iDVD will
> be able to use (probably only .mov)?
>
> Thanks !
> Alex :-)

JELyon / Horse Latitudes? / John