[iBook] Re: Is this a crash?

Thomas Bridgeland tmbridgeland at ybb.ne.jp
Sun Dec 12 15:28:17 PST 2004

On Monday, Dec 13, 2004, at 02:43 Asia/Tokyo,
ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
>  as I attempted to open a new page, all the screens
> disappeared and a plain blue page was visible with nothing on it except
> the turning ball, and as I watched my desktop came up.  I did a restart
> and all seems okay now, but is this a "crash" and what should I do?  Do
> I have maintenance that I need to do?
>
> This is on my iBook, running 10.2.8, in case that matters.

I also had a 'crash' recently with Mail, using 10.2.8. I was opening
Mail when it suddenly froze solid, and everything on the Finder froze
too. I couldn't Force Quit, couldn't do anything but restart, nothing
responded with anything but a spinning beachball. I tried this several
times and can't get Mail to load completely. It loads partway then
everything freezes and I have to shut down and restart. I don't want to
trash it and reinstall Mail, because there are some important recent
e-mails I need to save. Any hints would be appreciated.