[iBook] iBook advice

John Finnegan sfinnegan at eircom.net
Tue Dec 14 14:17:03 PST 2004

Hello Listers

I am planning to buying an ibook G4, Would like some advice on which model
to choose and how to use.

I have had an 300 MHz PowerPC G3 bluebird ( I think they are called
clamshell??) This unit has only a 3.2GB hard drive.

I would mainly be using the new computer for email and browsing the
internet. I think the 14 inch screen would be more suitable.

What is the difference between the DVD/CD-RW drive and the DVD-R/CD-RW
drive.

Is there any particular problems with OS X v10.3 Panther?

Can Word documents be opened and viewed?

Is the AppleWorks 6 a full word processing  package?

Is it worthwhile having Airport wireless connection? I will be using this
computer mostly in Ireland.

I would like to transfer some files and documents from my old computer to
new one, what is the best way to do this?

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Regards Sean Finnegan

sfinnegan at eircom.net

Renewable Energy Systems (Ireland) Ltd
74 Crossan Road