[iBook] What will happen? (I painted my iBook and it needs to go back)

PowerMac 5500 mac2999 at mymacmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:27:29 PST 2004

I painted my iBook a month or so ago.  Now I need to send it back to
Apple because it won't start unless I reset the PMU and take out the
battery (this happens *every* time I want to use it.  My problem is that
I painted my iBook silver (stupid, stupid, stupid).  Will Apple refuse
to service it because I took the cover off?  Should I strip the siver
paint and go back to white?  If yes, does anybody know what brand/type
of white paint is closest to Apple's and what kind of stripper to use?
TIA