[iBook] cruddy dvd drive cruds-out again

Benjamin Walls benzilla_2715 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 21 13:32:21 PST 2004

Hi All,

    I've had my ibook g4 (dual-usb, early 2004, 1GHz) for about 3 months.
Last month,  I took it to the Apple Store to have the DVD drive fixed, cause
it was intermittently not recognizing any discs (see everything as
unformatted, would I like to
format?). So, they took it and "fixed" it... until about a week ago.
Now, within 10 days,
the drive has returned to infrequently being broke, and now, broken all
the time. I will
take it back again, but I'm wondering if any of you have seen a similar
problem.

It's a stock g4 with 1.25G RAM as the only upgrade. No problems besides
the DVD drive.

I've got a Protouch iSkin covering the keyboard all the time,
so maybe it's a heat issue of some sort?

Thanks for any help!

Ben Zilla!