[iBook] Open Password Firmware App No longer works.

Gregory Martinez gregmartinez at mac.com
Mon Dec 27 13:03:13 PST 2004

I figured it out. If you select another disk in Startup Disk, it will
boot up from that disk. It is only when someone inserts a disk or
attaches a drive (without being able to select it in Startup Disk) that
the Open Firmware Password  app will stop the disk from booting.

BTW, for those that do not know, "Open Firmware Password" is an Apple
utility that you can download. I actually do not like it much. Niether
am I crazy about FileVault (it encrypts more than I need).

I  would like something that encrypts/decrypts specific
folders/programs easily. The utilities out there seem to encrypt files.
For example iPhoto Library, I would like to secure it. I think all
major apps should have encryption capabilities for those that want to
use it.

I know about Disk Utilities abilities, but I find its interface and
procedure for encrypting/decrypting to be too cumbersome for regular
frequent use.
Greg Martinez
gregmartinez at mac.com

iBook 12" G4, 800MHz, OS 10.3.6, 640 MB RAM.