[P1] iBook to TV

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 1 20:59:27 PST 2004

On 2/1/04 6:30 PM, "gwallace" <gwallace at gwi.net> wrote:

> They play just like they would from a DVD player.  I used the video
> adapter that has an RCA out jack and something like S-Video but not
> really. You also need the RCA connecting cable. Audio comes from the
> headphone jack--you need a splitter cable to get stereo sound.

Are you sure about that? On my 600, if I remember correctly, all I had to do
was take the adapter I got from Apple, connect one end to the headphone
jack, and then connect the other end, consisting of red, white and yellow
RCA jacks to the TV, and I got both sound and picture. But I don't remember
the picture being quite as good as the standalone DVD player I use now. Nor
do you have nearly the control when you just use the iBook. Also, I don't
remember whether DVD's played in stereo on my TV with the adapter, but I
suspect they did because I use that same earphone jack on my iBook now to
power a pair of external speakers and they work fine, so I assume a stereo
TV would too.

Brian