[P1] iBook to TV

John jmcclernan2 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 22:07:43 PST 2004

Brian,
If I'm not mistaken, the 600mhz took the red/white/yellow adapter described
below. On the 700, 800 and 900mhz iBooks, the other adapter is needed. It
goes into the special video port that is next to the headphone port on the
laptop. Then you can use either a composite video cable from the yellow
female RCA plug on the adapter to the yellow female RCA plug on the TV, or
you can do as I do, use an S-video cable to connect the other port on the
adapter to the S-video port on the TV.

Sound must come from the headphone port on the laptop. I have a cable that I
bought in Radio Shack that has a stereo 1/8" mini plug on one end and two
RCA male plugs (red&white) on the other. They are plugged into my audio
receiver so that I can have my home theatre quality sound.
My 2¢
John