[P1] Next Big Step In PowerBooks and iBooks [Suggestion]

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Tue Feb 3 07:24:29 PST 2004

On Feb 3, 2004, at 6:48 AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> Tired of your battery running out? Here's a suggestion to Apple based
> on this site:
>
> <http://www.gosolar.u-net.com/Portable_solar_power_systems.htm>
>
> How about adding a solar panel assembly to the book's top cover? I
> guess we could add one ourselves but how much nicer it would be if it
> was merged into the chassis and we wouldn't have to have a dangling
> power-cord.

Yeah, that would certainly have a futuristic look and feel to it, but
two things come to mind about this: First, if you turn the lid so it
faces the sun, then so are you--with the sun right in your face.
Second, personally, I find it almost impossible to see the screen when
out in direct sunlight. Maybe one of those dark clothes like old-time
photographers used to use might help, but I think it would be mighty
hot under there. If the solar panel were separate, then you could stay
in the shade and the panel could bake in the sun.

Charles Pearce <charlesp at ksu.edu>