[P1] iBook power supply...HELP!

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Mon Feb 9 03:14:29 PST 2004

Paul Miller wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm sure that I'm not the only iBook owner that has cracked cord, cable
> fray on the powersupply where that cord enters the plug to the iBook.
> Is that item covered by the applecare warranty.  I'll call Apple but I
> as just wondering if anyone had his/hers replaced (or for that matter
> had any problems with apple tech support.
>
> Thaks,
>
> Paul

Yep, I've got one too (cracked connector).  And the little hood keeps
slipping off exposing the wires soldered into the connector.
Occasionally it even sparks a bit.

But it still works, so I'm thinking about just superglueing it
so it stays on.

--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator