[P1] Battery problem

B G briang113 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 10:03:37 PST 2004

You should take it in to be checked, that red x also
shows up when the battery is good but the charging
circuit is bad, if you have access to a known good
battery put that in and see if the x is still there.
This happened to me once and it was not the battery
but the charging circuit in the laptop.

BG

> On Feb 7, 2004, at 11:47 PM, Stan Marks wrote:
>
> > Hello, all...
> >
> > I purchased my iBook 700 last May as an "open-box
> return" -
> > essentially, a
> > new computer that had been opened and returned for
> refund or
> > replacement.
> > This evening, I noticed that the battery icon in
> the menu bar had an
> > "X" in
> > it, instead of the usual charge status indicator.
> When I checked the
> > charge
> > indicator on the bottom of the battery, I got no
> response at all. I
> > shut the
> > computer down, disconnected the power adapter,
> removed and then
> > replaced the
> > battery. After reconnecting the power adapter and
> restarting the
> > computer,
> > it takes several minutes of "recalculating" the
> charge time, but then
> > it
> > shows the same "X" in the battery indicator. I
> shut down, again and
> > reset
> > the PMU, only to get the same results.
> >
> > Am I right that the battery dead...or is there
> something else I can
> > try?
> >
> > Stan Marks

=====