iBook power supply...HELP!

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Mon Feb 9 11:26:07 PST 2004

Paul Miller <pauljosephmiller at comcast.net> wrote:
>I'm sure that I'm not the only iBook owner that has cracked cord, cable
>fray on the powersupply where that cord enters the plug to the iBook.
>Is that item covered by the applecare warranty.  I'll call Apple but I
>as just wondering if anyone had his/hers replaced (or for that matter
>had any problems with apple tech support.
Whether still under warranty or not, call Apple and tell them how you are
afraid the _sparking_ may cause a fire and you wonder what you should do.
Many have described Apple sending a new adapter at no charge after such a
conversation.

Whether your adapter is now sparking or not is irrelevant, a frayed cable
and cracked plug are dangerous. IMHO Apple should replace such a fragile,
poorly designed part at no cost to the user. Based on all the reports
I've read, Apple seems to agree. They know there's nothing like a few
good defective-power-supply fires to boost the ol' *Public Image*. <G>

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700