[P1] Cookies...

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 11 13:36:32 PST 2004

> Can anyone tell me if you are still dumping your cookies as i did
> several OS's ago.  I'm running Jaguar and wonder if it is necessary
> and if so, how to do it.  I like having a few, but there's a lot of
> tracking going on out there in ether-land and I'd like to choose which
> ones I have, in other words, I'd like to edit the list to the ones I
> want.

While I was using Internet Explorer, I used to keep cookies off, and
regularly clean them out on the occasions when they were switched on
(mostly when I'd forget they were switched on).

With Safari, I have the actual file (User--> Library--> Cookies-->
Cookies.plist, I think) locked -- which means that I can leave cookies
on, and everything I don't want to keep is automatically tossed out
when I quit the program. (If I ever need to add to it, I'll just unlock
the file, do what I need to do, and lock it again.)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net