[P1] New iBook Owner / iBook Hard drive partition

Jeremy Morgan aidamahn at mac.com
Thu Feb 12 05:48:37 PST 2004

Right, OSX is not Linux, it might look like it in the terminal, I've
banged my head against the desk many times treating osx like my linux
servers.  I'm a Linux administrator, I  work with both RedHat and
Gentoo.

One nice way, though it costs money, is to install Virtual PC and
RedHat 8.0.  You don't have to screw around with partitioning.  I've
done it on my G4 Quicksilver and it ran fine (733 G4 tower vs 600 G3
notebook?).  If you are just playing around with linux it should work
fine.  Just don't set it up to boot into x windows, a real linux
experience is on the command line.

Another alternative (cheap cheap) is to use a telnet/ssh service, that
takes no diskspace or cpu.  linux installs nicely on 200mhz and faster
pc's, most of which you can get free these days, or next to nothing.

--Jeremy Morgan