[CUBE] iDVD

J.C. Webber III jcw at kingoblio.com
Thu Feb 12 09:27:04 PST 2004

Chip Everts wrote:

> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93290>
> On Feb 11, 2004, at 10:19 PM, J.C. Webber III wrote:
>
> > Chip Everts wrote:
> >> Try this:
> >> the URL was broken onto two lines : (
> >>
> >> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=3D93290=20>

That worked.  But it indicates that your original message was not
sent in 'plain text' mode, but, rather, in 'Rich text' mode.  The
=20 was the dead give away.  It's a commonly used character sequence
used by Rich text editors for text enhancement.

This also illustrates the problem with using Rich text editors on email
lists.  And why there is specific caution against using such formats on
themacintoshguy lists.  To quote from the Welcome Page:
<http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/X.html>

Some informal rules for this list

o  Don't send styled text or HTML files, just plain text.

JSYK (just so you know)...

I hope you don't mind, but I've decided to forward this to the list.
Not to single you our specifically, but just to remind the list in
general to please stick with plain text in this forum.

thx...
--
J.C. Webber III
Technical Lead, Unix System Administrator