[P1] Drive Replacement - 4200rpm vs 5400rpm

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Fri Feb 13 12:51:49 PST 2004

I'm not sure what will fit into the ibooks and powerbooks, but I know for sure
that a 7200 RPM drive in my Fujitsu notebook ran considerably faster than the
4200RPM, with a negligble power loss.  And even if there was a little power
loss, the 7200 RPM drive is absolutely amazing and well worth it.  The one I
have is the Hitachi 7K60 or something like that.

--- You wrote:
hello list members i'm new to the list and wanted to ask a question regarding
upgrading hard drive in my ibook g4. I was wondering if it would make a big
difference in battery drain by moving from my original 30gb drive to an 80 gb
7200rpm drive

Thanks in Advance
Richard
--- end of quote ---