[P1] Clean install of 10.3 over 10.3

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 05:41:22 PST 2004

On Feb 17, 2004, at 6:30 PM, david wrote:

> Some programs put items into the root Library's Application Support
> and other folders.

I installed the PocketMac latest version, didn't like it and used the
uninstall. It left behind two unix application files which I located by
searching for date installed. Don't know what they were or why it left
them, perhaps to phone home?

This leads me to feel that anyone testing a lot of shareware and
commercial applications may have some troublesome files left behind.
Can't prove it, just assuming.

And I have always erased my drive and installed everything fresh when a
new os version arrives. The clean install always runs faster and avoids
all of the problems that others report. And, some items I just don't
reinstall. This gets rid of all of the problems caused by bad guys,
former crashes and conflicts.

---
How are heterosexual marriages holding up in your state?
<http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/pdf/51_10_12_t03.pdf>