[P1] Junk mail filter

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Thu Feb 19 07:46:42 PST 2004

On Feb 19, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> Open the mail preferences and click on the junk filter icon and click
> the appropriate check boxes. There doesn't appear to be any training
> mode in the latest version of mail, unless I have overlooked it.

In the junk mail preferences, one of the choices is:
When Junk mail arrives;
a) Leave it in my Inbox, but indicate it is Junk Mail (Training)
b) Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)

If I check Automatic, it puts EVERYTHING in the junk mail box (even
mail from people on my Previous Recipients list); if I check training,
it does nothing.

I did try throwing away the junk mail prefs in the Library; maybe that
will fix it.