[P1] Anyone running wireless print servers

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 20 07:45:50 PST 2004

On Feb 20, 2004, at 9:31 AM, Keith Parker wrote:

> What I'm trying to do is find a way to print via my Airport (802.11) ,
> and then the thought crossed my mind that if I can find a way to see a
> USB printer via my network then perhaps I can get my old PB5300 to see
> that printer via the network also.

The new ABS has a USB port specifically for a printer.

> So my question has evolved, is there a way to see a see / print to a
> USB printer via ethernet ?

Yes. A client has two HP laserjets that we network via Ethernet to USB
adapter HP sells. I am sure there are generic devices which do this.
You might call one of the mail order houses and ask.

I just googled Ethernet to USB and it turned up quite a few hits.

---
Trees are being sucked dry of life in South Florida by a tiny insect.
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>