[P1] Networking Problems

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 18:17:34 PST 2004

On Feb 24, 2004, at 5:37 PM, Seeker wrote:

>     Today I just cannot do it and I have no idea why.  I have plugged
> and
> unplugged the firewire cable from both computers, restarted both, done
> everything I can think of and I just can't get either one to recognize
> the
> other.
>
>     I repeatedly get a "Connection failed.  No response from the
> server.
> Please try again" message.
>
>     I'm desperate for suggestions.  Anyone have any???

After you connect the two computers with a Firewire cable, start one as
usual and start the other holding down the T key. It will start up
quickly with the Firewire emblem wandering about the screen. It's
internal hd will show up on the other as if it were an external drive.

The steps you have tried work with Ethernet connections, not Firewire.

---
The George Bush Resume(?):
<http://www.bushoccupation.com/GWbush_resume.pdf>