[P1] Networking Problem

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 07:19:07 PST 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 8:32 AM, Seeker wrote:

>     Specifically:  beginning at Network in the sidebar leads to >
> Servers
> leads to > RFG.local, which is the name of the G3 _desktop_ and not
> the name
> of the iBook to which I wish to connect.

I've had similar problems which through determined effort were
resolved. Following the steps I listed in my post Firewire Networking 2
PBs will work for Airport ABS, Firewire and Ethernet if you make the
proper network settings.

I created a location for each one rather than use automatic.

Also, if you look for the IP address of the computer you want to
connect to and then type that into the connect to server dialog, that
might get you there...if you remember to click on the Personal File
Sharing checkbox in that computers Filesharing preference pane. That
seems to become unchecked with every restart.

---
The George Bush Resume(?):
<http://www.bushoccupation.com/GWbush_resume.pdf>