Ongoing Saga of CPU Cycles

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 26 17:23:18 PST 2004

I have listed how Safari and my Bank burned cpu cycles at upto 90%
constantly on my 17" alBook while browsing the site. It seems to have
decided to take a brake and idle now after a few updates and I think
the end of the banks web redesign. I caught a popup window in IE that
was not showing up in Safari and that may have been part of the
problem. Now that the redesign is over they aren't showing the popup
window.

Today I bought LogoCreator which does the same thing, even after its
update. Oddly it is a Macromedia Director application which I think is
causing the processor overuse. It's the only application which won't
idle. This probably means that it will exhaust the battery quicker.

GarbageBand sent me a message that I should change my processor setting
from Automatic to highest, which I did.

I wonder if this cpu thing is my Powerbook only or if it occurs with
other new Macs running Panther and Jaguar.

---
The George Bush Resume(?):
<http://www.bushoccupation.com/GWbush_resume.pdf>