[P1] Verizon DSL with Linksys Wireless Router

Jim Shimozawa kotonk2 at mac.com
Sat Feb 28 09:15:12 PST 2004

On Feb 28, 2004, at 8:44 AM, Thomas D. Kearns wrote:

>  The primary reason I would buy it is to get the free support.  Does
> anybody have any experience with this issue with Verizon?  What if I
> get the cheap windoze laptop and call Verizon to buy the Linksys, then
> add the Macs?  Any disadvantages of going this way?

I also have Verizon DSL - with a Belkin wireless router. I decided to
go with Belkin after reading a MacWorld review some time ago. Works
fine with my iBook, G4 tower (both with AirPort card) and my kids' two
PCs running XP.  Also Belkin offers 'Parental Control' for only
$20/year. It keeps kids away from harmful sites.
Setup was really easy. It took me less than 5 minutes to make it work.
I doubt you really need their 'free support' once your network is up
and running.

Jim