[P1] iBook 900mhz G3 Problems, Again!

Ed Wiser ewiser at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 3 16:03:46 PST 2004

On Saturday, January 3, 2004, at 06:53  PM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Gene Merritt wrote:
>
>> I have no real answers. That's the model I have, and it just came
>> back from Apple
>> a couple or three days ago.  Logic board and video sending unit fried.
>
> Same model - same problem. Multiple times.
>
> It apparently has to do with "flexing" of the case and something
> coming loose from the logic board. Those people who leave their
> computers on a table most of the time aren't going to see the problem
> as often as those of us who expected it to be extremely portable and
> therefore carry it around with us everywhere we go and use it on our
> laps and sitting in the car, etc.
>
> -pam
> National Home Education Network
> <www.NHEN.org>
> Serving the entire homeschooling community since 1999
> through information, networking and public relations.

My daughters' iBook had this problem I fixed it myself . After taking
the iBook apart I found that the wires for both the backlight and video
wire from the motherboard run thru and around the hinges of the screen.
This can cause the wires to be pinched with use.
I bought a new wiring harness from Small Dog Electronics for 20 buck's.
It has been working now for a year with out problems.  An a teenager
can be real hard on an iBook.:)