General interest: Apple store Refreshed products are a great buy!

Geoffrey Rosenberg qpower1 at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 01:25:05 PST 2004

Folks!

I just bought a "brand" new Airport Extreme base station without antenna
port for the incredible price of $124.95 from my local Apple store - Why you
ask so low?

Well, it seems that when you buy from the Apple store and purchase a return
for "Buyer's Remorse", Apple reduces prices dramatically to sell these goods
off - they usually don't advertise the fact that they are available, either.
But due to this post X-Mas time frame, they have a larger than normal amount
of these goods. Everything they sell may be in the mix, and the computer
deals appear fantastic!

Seems that the "Buyer's Remorse" product can have absolutely no usage
whatsoever on it, like the base station I bought, which had the original
plastics and wire ties still on it, but had been opened and messed with.
I also bought an extra Power brick for my 700 iBook which is normally $79.95
- opened, but unused, it was $34.95! Wow...still had the protective plastics
on the piece.

So run, don't walk to your local Apple store for some remarkable goodies if
you have a few extra bucks to spare - I know I am glad I did.

Geoff Rosenberg
Natick, MA.