Video out on Clamshell disabled

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 06:43:45 PST 2004

I'll check closer when I get home tonight.  I know that the first time I had this problem I did try changing the color depth from Millions to Thousands with no benefit.  After repeating the recent update, I just tried plugging in the video out cord to test it.  There was no effect, so I assumed it was the same problem.  Before the update, I would see the screen change resolutions as soon as the video out cable was inserted.  If the Displays preference panel was open, the list would immediately update to show the NTSC and PAL choices.  No manual changes in depth were necessary.  Something has definitely changed.
Dave.