iBook Monitor Spanning

Tom Burke tom_burke at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 11:25:23 PST 2004

Not according to MacTracker. It carefully says that (of the IceBooks)
what it calls the 'dual-USB iBook' (500 Mhz), the 'iBpk (Late 2001)'
(500Mhz or 600Mhz) and the 'iBook 14" (son of Pismo)' (600 Mhz) all
have ATI Rage Mobility video chips, with 8Mb of video RAM. The next
generation - 700 Mhz and upwards - had ATI Radeon Mobility chips, with
16Mb VRam. And it's the 500 & 600Mhz machines about which the issues
have arisen as reported on XLR8Yourmac.com.

I was wrong earlier about the 700 Mhz machines - it looks as if they
should all be OK.