[P1] Text only browseer ?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 8 14:22:13 PST 2004

On Jan 8, 2004, at 3:06 PM, Bill West wrote:

> Excellent. We've mentioned Wannabe's great Google entry, it's speed on
> clicking a text URL referral --web site opens as fast as a hard drive
> file for us 56K people, the drop down menu that lets you open the page
> in any other full browser with one click, it's great use on forums and
> downloading apps and images.

Pure text html is about as fast as it gets, notice how the text loads
and then you sit and sit and sit waiting for all the little graphics to
load? And the JavaStuff.

Web designers are making big bucks satisfying the egos of their
customers who see someone else doing something and want it to, without
regard to how long it takes to load or how many people simply go
somewhere else rather than wait.

I've suggested on design lists that they make several versions, at
least one more for fast loading and received very little positive
response. I guess they are afraid that if the customer learns everyone
is going for the text version for speed they won't spend the bucks for
the magazine style pages.

---
Since most spam is being sent by Microsoft OS computers, the answer to
stopping SPAM seems obvious...  Jack Rodgers