[P1] iLife '04

John Paul Moore johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 19:50:58 PST 2004

Garage Band rocks! It's even got a long term anti-mac friend of mine
ready to put on a disguise and go to the Apple Store. The press
reported that after John Mayer and Jobs had cooked up a rocking little
guitar cut with GB, Jobs turned to his big flat panel and keyboard and
said, "Now, I wonder what I'll do next," to which some one in the
audience answered what we were all thinking--"SAVE IT!" What didn't get
reported was that some one also yelled out a suggestion that Apple
"sell it," sell the Mayer song, and I think Apple missed a big bet by
not putting the tune on the itunes music store right away. I would have
been tickled to pay 99 cents for it, for its historical value alone.
Anyway, I have been poking around the usual sites but haven't found it
yet and can't figure out a way to do second best, extracting it from
the quicktime, since it's still a live stream. If anybody sees that
tune on the net anywhere, I would be grateful for a link. best, jpm

Dual usb icebook 800 trouble-free after a year, part of the time as my
primary computer