Logic board, estimates of probability of success of repair

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Thu Jan 8 23:06:48 PST 2004

My iBook is in the shop for evaluation to see if the problem is the logic
board. What I want to hear is each of you who feels you know enough to
offer a fair estimate of the probability that a repair of the logic board
will be successful. I define successful as I should expect the computer
to have a 'normal lifespan' without needing a repeat of that repair. I
want this estimation so that I can decide whether I should pay for the
repair or buy a new machine.

Post your estimates in terms of a percentage likelihood of the repair
being successful.

Thanks for your estimates!!

Paul