[P1] Logic board, estimates of probability of success of repair

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 9 14:13:57 PST 2004

On Jan 9, 2004, at 1:56 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> I travel by plane with it 6 - 8 times a year, and take it out of the
> office
> for client meetings two or three times a month. Usually I just put it
> in my
> briefcase, where it fits pretty snugly. When I use it, it's maybe 75%
> on a
> desk, 25% on my lap.

I use it 99 percent on my lap. I carry it around with me outside of the
house every single day - all day - taking it in and out of its case. I
carry it around the house when I'm home - using it in different places,
including out on the patio and in bed <G>.
I open and close it probably an average of 10 to 15 times per day. Some
days more.

See the big difference in usage styles? Those of us who use it like the
laptop it is should not have had to be dealing with THIS much problem.
And when those who use it more like a nicely-mobile desktop - taking it
out only occasionally - don't have problems -- it doesn't make our
complaints any less legitimate, of course.

-pam

> But one thing that may be relevant is that I almost never close the
> lid,
> except to travel, or the few times I put it in my briefcase. The rest
> of the
> time, it just sits on my desk and when I'm done working, I just walk
> away
> from it, letting it go to sleep with the lid open.
>
> Based on what I've been reading on the list, the fact that I've left
> the lid
> open 95% of the time may be one reason I've never had those "cable
> thru the
> hinge" problems.
National Home Education Network
<www.NHEN.org>
Serving the entire homeschooling community since 1999
through information, networking and public relations.