[P1] Remote controlling "Internet Connect"

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Fri Jan 9 14:47:16 PST 2004

> Now the thing is ... How can I disconnect without having to get out of
> bed
> and go downstairs to the office ??? (and NO, asking wife is not really
> an
> option). Also "just stay online" does not apply thanks to the
> connection
> being capped ...

In theory, it's possible to send a remote AppleScript event through the
network, and you could tell the application to do what you wanted it to
do, or direct it by scripting the User Interface. I say "in theory,"
because I set one up to be able to put my iMac (in the office
downstairs) to sleep from my iBook, but it only seemed to work some of
the time. (I haven't had a chance to go in and work on it again.)

You might set the iBook to go to sleep at a specific time using Energy
Saver -- would that do the trick?

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net