[P1] Remote controlling "Internet Connect"

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Sat Jan 10 09:22:55 PST 2004

> Talking about 3 ibooks, all on panther, our connection is ISDN  ... One
> ibook is thus grounded (as the ISDN modem here has no ethernet port
> and I
> cannot use my airport station) [...]

> Now the thing is ... How can I disconnect without having to get out of
> bed
> and go downstairs to the office ???

So you have an iBook connected to the ISDN modem & use it as a hub?
How does that work, exactly, if there's no Ethernet port?

Regardless, what should always work is:

	1) Open Terminal on your iBook in bed.
	2) ssh to the iBook connected to the ISDN modem (ssh 10.0.1.1 or
whatever it's IP address is)
	3) type "sudo shutdown -h now" and enter your password when asked.
	4) Wait for Terminal to say "connection closed" then you can close
your iBook and go to sleep. ;-)

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."