God Bless Applecare

Jeff Newman newman5608 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 21:10:58 PST 2004

Apropos to some recent threads, another tale of great service:

My iBook 500 Dual USB (bought in July 2001) started going funny in
the screen a couple of weeks ago. On my first call we reset the power
manager(?) and all was well -- for the rest of the workday. That
night the plaid screen came back.

The next day's call brought a shipping box, but that night the screen
was suddenly rock-solid again, and it stayed that way all week. The
next Sunday it went out again, and I took some shots with a digital
camera just in case. Monday thru Wednesday it was fine again.

I assumed that Apple would see the screen working normally and just
send it back. I enclosed a disk with the photos and an explanation
that the problem was intermittent. I was going out of town Thursday
and Friday, so I sent it off Wednesday morning, hoping to get it back
this week sometime.

When I came into work at 7:30 a.m. Monday, the box was on my desk (it
had arrived Friday morning). They'd gotten it, fixed it (new screen),
and shipped it -- all last Thursday.

PS: When I bought my last Mac at Fry's, they tried to sell me their
service plan and warned me that Apple would take 4-6 weeks to fix any
problem. Right.
--
Jeff Newman                                            LawProse, Inc.
The White Oak Independent                    <http://www.lawprose.org>