[P1] Logic board, estimates of probability of success of repair

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 06:17:39 PST 2004

On Jan 15, 2004, at 8:31 AM, J.C. Webber III wrote:

> I'm on my forth logic board (three failures) in 2 years.  I believe
> the last failure was caused by stress applied to the logic board by
> the way I was carrying it.

Yep. Electric circuit boards don't like being squashed.

I picked up a Pismo with my right hand near the upper right hand corner
and zzzzplllaftt it conked out. Fortunately, nothing was damaged and it
rebooted fine. Tried it again, such a brave fool, and same thing.

So, I make it a habit when picking up the book, to cradle it in both
hands evenly distributing the weight and trying to not create unneeded
torque anywhere.