starting up on a new iBook

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 06:39:59 PST 2004

I have a 12 inch snow iBook G3 with Jag and 640 meg/15 gig HD. I
sprang for a new 14 inch G4 iBook 640/60  and Panther and wonder if
Carbon Copy Cloner can help me get everything from the old iBook
system functioning on the new book. I have a great deal of stuff on
the old iBook that I would like to continue using, like Office and
Toast, to name a few, but my program disks are in the US, while I am
in Japan...

Any suggestions for getting this up and running?

BTW, I don't see AppleWorks on the new iBook G4. Did Apple stop
including this? Why? Is it just because I bought the machine in Korea?

Thanks for your help.