[P1] Disappearing windows and Safari is stuck

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 18 15:36:07 PST 2004

On Jan 18, 2004, at 9:33 AM, Eric Richardson wrote:

> I overloaded my hard drive a while back and started losing stuff and
> having things act funny.
>
> I managed to free up some space and got most things working right, but
> I have a couple of persistent problems and I don't know why and
> therefore how to fix them.

Sounds like a number of your system files got zapped as well as
application files. If you have Applecare, call Apple for advice.

Or...clear sufficient space on your drive to reinstall the operating
system. You need to leave a few gigs clear for Mac OSX's virtual
memory, etc. Then reinstall the OS.

Nah, probably what is best if my assumption is correct is to back up
your documents and critical files and record your preference settings
and such, I usually capture a graphic of them and erase the drive and
reinstall everything. This will take a few hours but most likely save
you all of the days and weeks trying to solve problems piece meal.

---
<http://www.billionairesforbush.com/index.html>