[P1] Palm Sync

david davidwb at spymac.com
Mon Jan 19 17:52:06 PST 2004

On 1/16/04 2:45 AM, "Jonathan Fletcher" <jfletch at aye.net> wrote:

> My Hotsync with my Palm quit working after I installed Panther. I
> downloaded the Palm 4.1 installer and it tells me it can't install
> because of a "system error: access denied." Does anyone know what I am
> supposed to do? It doesn't ask me for a password like other software
> does.

If you log in as root user and install the Palm software you won't get this
error but try repairing permissions first and download the newest version of
the Palm software. Oddly enough I had the same problem as you on my
computers at work and my home desktop but not my PowerBook. After repairing
permissions and knowing I had the most recent PalmDesktop software, I was
able to correctly run the installer on two computers but had to log in a
root on the other. Why I dunno.

david