chargers for iBook

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Wed Jan 21 15:39:33 PST 2004

I'm curious about which battery chargers/power adapters are
interchangeable.  I'm starting to have so many lying around that I'm
not sure I can really identify which belongs to what computer.  My
husband has a G3 iBook with one of the white cube chargers; my G4 iBook
has one that looks exactly the same.  But I also have a G4 PowerBook
(one of the original 400 mhz ones) that came with the UFO-shaped
charger.  It appears that all three laptops charge correctly with all
three chargers, but is there some hidden difference that would create a
problem for any of the laptops (like shutting themselves down when
awakening from sleep, she asks guiltily) ?

  I like using the UFO type at school because its lack of a light is a
little more subtle than the bright orange or green battery charger that
announces the presence of a laptop in a dark classroom.  I do have a
security lock for my laptop, but I also like to conceal it somewhat as
well.