kernal panics

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Thu Jan 22 13:39:20 PST 2004

I'm starting to think I've got a black cloud over my head.  I am now
using a temporary G4 iBook at work while mine is being sent back to
Apple re the hinge problem.  Today I returned to my desk twice after
running a quick errand to find the kernal panic (restart message in 4
languages) error message on my desktop. The laptop was plugged in, had
a mouse and a USB printer attached, and one time I was playing iTunes.

I did the "fsck" routine both times, and both times it said the hard
drive had been repaired; just in case I ran it again each time and my
hard drive "appeared to be ok."

Are kernal panics random occurrences, or are they related to conflicts
between applications, etc.?