[P1] Requesting advice choosing a printer, etc

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 08:24:28 PST 2004

On 1/29/04 10:01 AM, "Christian Dupuis" <cdupuis at lcc.ca> wrote:

> If you're willing to put up with the restrictions of OS X based fax
> software (including the drive space the stuff gobbles to store incoming
> and outgoing faxes)

I, too, run a home-based business, and I've never had to have a standalone
fax machine. Way back in OS9, the built in fax software took care of all my
needs. Then when OSX appeared, faxing basically disappeared, and I had to
live without it till about a year ago when a great program called Page
Sender came out ($30). It works every bit as well as the internal software
back in OS9. You can probably find it thru Google.

My point is, for light faxing needs, you no longer need a standalone
machine. And if you get a lot of faxes, receiving them directly into your
computer will also save you money on ink and paper.

Brian