[P1] Turning off built-in mic on iBook?

B G briang113 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 09:44:00 PST 2004

You should not need to turn it off(I am not sure you
can), even though you see a sound level reading, it is
not supposed to play through the speakers. If it is
there is something wrong, are you using any 3rd party
sound software, did this just happen after an install
either new OS or other software, does it happen only
in one user or all users?

--- Larry Dersch <ldersch at mac.com> wrote:
> Perhaps i wasn't clear enough in my original post.
> That is what I
> meant by being able to turn it down, but not off.
> Even with the slider
> in the "off" position, I'm getting a little input.
> I can snap my
> fingers (or type loudly) and still see a reading on
> the input level
> meter.

=====
Brian