[P1] iBook Logic Board Repair Extension Program

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Fri Jan 30 05:52:53 PST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 7:18 PM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2004, at 10:20 AM, mentholiptus wrote:
>
>> On Jan 28, 2004, at 11:41 PM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:
>>
>>> What changed in April of 2003?
>>
>> The iBook line.
>
> That was singularly unhelpful. I meant - what changed about the ibook
> line?
>
> If anybody thinks this is just too stupid a question to answer, could
> you just ignore it please and let someone answer it who is kind enough
> to pretend it is a reasonable question?...So - what happened in April
> 2003 that would have Apple NOT providing this special repair program
> for computers made after that date?

Sorry. They topped out at 900MHz, got 32mb vram, and the plastics
changed color. I'm assuming the insides are the same, but people who
bought before april are about to lose their first year warranty, so
apple set a date range to get them in, and those after april will have
to buy that $250 piece of mind.

jesse

.