[P1] Updating Linksys Router Firmware

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Jul 5 23:37:39 PDT 2004

I'm just catching up after the long weekend, but when I did this
on a BEFSR41 I just used the suggested MacTFTP and it worked OK.
As I recall, the main problem was I had to use Internet Explorer
--which I ordinarily never use--to get the admin page to render
properly.  But this was a while ago, and I think there was some
other problem I don't recall the details of now, because
something I do have a clear memory of was the Linksys Tech
"Support" person on the phone (in the Phillipines) saying about
the problem that they didn't really recommend upgrading firmware,
rather just use what came originally with the unit (saves him
knowing what to do, right?).  At one time I was setting up three
BEFSR41's each with different original firmware, ended up with
the latest f/w on all three, as I recall.