Java 1.4.2 not installing

John Swartz jswartz at mitre.org
Tue Jul 6 07:35:43 PDT 2004

I had this problem.  There's a recent article at Macfixit.com that deals
with this.  I seem to recall that when I had this problem, I had to
download and install the "PantherJavaUpdate" package from the Apple
site, and then use the Software Updater to update to 1.4.2 (note: I
couldn't download the installer and run it separately).

Hope this helps,

John