[P1] Java 1.4.2 not installing

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 6 13:44:13 PDT 2004

On Jul 6, 2004, at 3:00 AM, iBook List wrote:

> Also my built in mic doesn't seem to work?
>
> Dan

Did it work fine until you upgraded to 10.3.4? MacFixit reported this
is an issue with the 10.3.4 upgrade and iBook 500s. The Apple Support
Discussion boards have several threads of complaints, but so far as I
know, Apple has no real fix as yet. Check those discussions, though,
for a workaround which works only ONE time and lasts only until
restart. (Something about holding down the option key on startup,
IIRC--don't hold me to it, though, check for yourself.)  Some of the
posters have gone back to 10.3.3. Search the iBook (Dual USB) folder
for "microphone" and you'll find at least one thread.

There's also a link to post feedback to Apple about this issue. Might
help.