[P1] Mac gloating...

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Tue Jul 6 14:46:39 PDT 2004

If you can believe
www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2004/jul04/07-02configchange.asp
it looks like it's just if you're running IIS, which no ordinary
user should be.  Their phrase is "IIS 5.0 (Internet Information
Services), a component of Windows 2000 Server", but I seem to have
a vague recollection that IIS was in W2K Pro (ie single user) and
turned on by default, until the very many security problems with
IIS finally got M$ to have it be turned off by deault.

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Scott Warren wrote:

> Well, another nasty virus is hitting the Microsoft computers, and as
> always us Mac users are not affected.  For those on the list using a
> mixed environment and have some Microsoft Machines around (especially
> web servers), might want to brush up on on this:
>   http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/download_ject.mspx
 . . .