D-link wireless router ~FIXED~

ShardAerithes at aol.com ShardAerithes at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 02:41:35 PDT 2004

I sent to this list a problem of mine a while ago, where I had a DI 514 wireless router from dlink. The airport would connect, give me an IP and everything but the internet just didn't work.

You gave me a few good suggestions, but I finally found the real problem.

To fix it...I just had to go into config onto the router and change the wireless setting for "Short Preamble" to "Long Preamble".

With the long preamble, I am able to browse the internet with my ibook. So if your wireless router doesn't work, then try it!