[P1] Ibook and OS X, vs OS 9

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 13 05:26:00 PDT 2004

On 7/13/04 2:15 PM, "Pierre-Paul Savard" <pablocito24 at videotron.qc.ca>
wrote:

> I know I am a late comer to the OS X bandwagon...but anyway...
> Could you tell me if I buy a new iBook, as with the early
> versions of OS X, I would still be able to use all my programs
> which were made for the OS 9 ?

Yes.

> If yes, will I see a decrease in their functionality and/or speed?

Not really. I run a couple of programs in Classic, and they are fast.

> I guess I won't be able no more to boot in a special partition,
> native OS 9 , and that I will now have to open all my old
> programs in the OS ''classic'' included with OS X?
> Am I right?

Right. New Macs don't boot in OS 9.

Kirk

            My Latest Book: Mastering Mac OS X: Panther Edition
                  http://www.mcelhearn.com/panther.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .