Need info on VST's clamshell iBook battery charger

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Tue Jul 13 09:33:18 PDT 2004

I have a question about the VST charger.  I see them on ebay frequently and have been curious about them.  I hear stories about them reviving dead batteries, and it is tempting to get one to try.  Do they just revive newer batteries that are having problems, or will they help a worn out battery too?  My battery is about 4 years old now and down to about 10 minutes of charge.  I bought a used battery on ebay in January.  The used battery was actually an older battery, but still held about 2 hours of charge.  However, after 6 months of use it now holds just under an hour of charge.  Any thoughts on whether a VST would be worth a try, or should I just save the money for a new battery (or new computer for that matter)?
Dave.